2020 Rules Updates
Responsibilities of the Team Captain
The Team Captain is responsible the following items:
- Each Team Captain is responsible for making sure that their players pay their weekly dues.
- Should a member of the team fail to pay their weekly dues, either in cash/check, or online within 7 days of the played match, the team captain is responsible for these fees.
- Failure to remit the full amount due within 14 days of the played match will result in forfeiture of points for the match that is not paid in full.
- Team Captains need to ensure that they have an adequate number of players to play all matches for the evening.
- In the event that the Team is unable to field enough players to play all matches, the Team Captain is responsible for coordinating with the Team Captain of the opposing team to identify the need for either utilizing a playback, scheduling a make-up match or matches, or forfeiting a match or matches entirely.
- Failure to notify the opposing Team Captain BEFORE the night starts that you will need an accommodation will result in a forfeiture of any match that is unable to be played.
Playback and Make-Up Match Rule Changes
- Teams may utilize ONLY 1 PLAYBACK per format for each night.
- Teams may NOT utilize a playback in the last 3 weeks of a session.
- Teams who cannot field enough players in the last 3 weeks of a session will forfeit those matches.
- In the event that a team is unable to field enough players, and ONLY if the opposing team is agreeable, the teams may schedule a day/time to Make-Up those matches.
- In the interest of sportsmanship, teams are asked to be accommodating (within reason) to teams that are unable to field a full roster, but it is at their discretion whether or not they wish to do so.
- Make-up Matches MUST be completed no later that 14 days after the date the match was supposed to take place, and must take place no later than 3 weeks before the end of the session. This means no Make-Ups for the last 3 weeks, and if it is the 4th week before the end of the session, you only have 6 days to complete your Make-Ups.
- The team that has enough players present MUST identify the players that will play the Make-Up matches by writing their names on the scoresheet, and MUST make payment for those matches with the nights envelope. Should the matches later turn into forfeits from the team that could not field players, this will complete the paperwork for that night.
- Any Make-Up match that is not completed by the 14 day mark, or is not completed by the 3 week blackout for the end of the session, will automatically become forfeits for the team that could not field the players.